The defense services offer dignified, disciplined and prestigious life. The recruitment in the Army as soldier is broad based. Every male citizen, irrespective of caste, class, religion and domicile, is eligible for recruitment in the Army, provided he meets the laid down age, educational, physical and medical standards. The recruitment for the post of soldier is carried out round the year through an open rally system. The recruitment programme is published in local newspaper, two weeks prior to the conduct of the rally by the concerned ZROs (Zonal Recruiting Officers) and concerned BROs (Branch Recruitment Offices). The wannabe soldier should look for such advertisements in the local dailies and should carry with them the following documents to the mentioned venue
Bring following original documents along with three Photostat copies of each, duly attested
1. X th Class date of birth certificate.
2. X th/XII th Class marks sheet.
3. Character Certificate to be signed by village Sarpanch (certificate should not be more than six months old).
4. Domicile Certificate.
5. Caste Certificate (if relevant).
6. Dependent Certificate ( in case of son of Ex-servicemen/ War Widow/Widow ) signed by record office.
7. Certificate of Outstanding sportsmen.
8. NCC Certificate (A/B/C Certificate) (if NCC Cadet).
The Screening procedure of the candidate for the post of soldier in the Army involves
1. Checking of documents.
2. Physical measurements.
3. Physical fitness test.
4. Medical examination.
5. Written examination.
6. Preparation of merit list