Post - Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child for PG academic session 2010 - 12
The University Grants Commission, based on the initiative of M / HRD, had introduced, from the year 2005 - 06, Post - Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with purpose of supporting higher education through scholarship to such girls who happen to be only child in her family and also to provide incentive for the parents to observe small family norm.
Any single girl child being the only child of her parents is eligible under the scheme.
The benefit under scheme will be available to such a single girl child who has taken admission in first year of a Masters degree in non - professional programme in any recognized university or a post - graduate college during the current year i.e. 2010 - 11.
Rate of Scholarship : Rupee 2000/- p.m.
Duration of Scholarship : 2 years (for 10 months in a year) (Total 20 months)
Number of UGC Scholarships per year : 1200
Documents to be submitted at the time of application:
1. Application in prescribed format.
2. Proof of admission to Ist Year Masters degree course in a recognized Indian University / College / Institution.
3. Joining Report from the institution where the candidate has taken admission for PG Course.
4. An affidavit Rupee 50/- Stamp Paper from the parents duly attested by the SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted officer (not below the rank of Tehsildar) copying the same language mentioned at. Affidavit should be in Hindi or English only.
5. Matriculation Certificate.
6. Copy of Ration Card alongwith the page where students name mentioned (self attested Hindi or English version of the same, if, the ration card in any regional language). (In case of not available of Ration card, enclose a certificate from a local renowned person who know your family very well)
Procedure for application :
Eligible students who are pursuing postgraduate 1st year course in the current year i.e. 2010 - 2011 may submit their applications for this scholarship in the prescribed format with relevant attested copies of all documents.
Applications received after the due date will not be considered. Those who had applied earlier need to apply afresh in response to this advertisement, if they had taken PG admission in the year 2010 - 11.
Scheme is closed for those students who had taken admission before PG academic year 2010 - 11.
The application may be submitted to the :
Under Secretary (SR - III),
University Grants Commission,
Bahadurshah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi - 110 002.
within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in Newspapers.
For more details Log on to