IIT JEE Mains Notification
JEE Main 2020 January exam registration date extended
The National Testing Agency (NTA) on September 30, 2019, extended the online registration deadline for the January JEE (Main) 2020 examination.Earlier, the last date to register for the JEE Main January 2020 exam was Monday, September, 30, 2019. As per the extended deadline, the students can now register for the exam till October 10, 2019.
In a notification released on the official website of the exam - jeemain.nta.nic.in, NTA stated, "In continuation of the Public Notice dated the 3 rd September. 2019 for submission of online application form of January JEE(Main)–2020 for admission to Undergraduate Programs in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) etc. in the next academic year (2020-2021).
it is hereby informed that the last date for submission of online application form, is extended from 30th Sept. 2019 to 10th Oct. 2019, in order to enable the aspiring candidates who have not been able to apply in the Online Application Form. This is being done in view of a number of requests being received in this regard." There has been no change in other details of the examination and students can refer to the JEE Main January 2020 notification released on September 3, 2019, for further details.
JEE Mains 2020 applications for January exam begins from September 2nd 2019
The JEE Main online application window for January 2020 examination opening from September 2nd 2019. The candidates who wish to appear for the JEE Main April 2019 examination can apply for the same through the official website - jeemain.nic.in.
The candidates need to register on the website first using their name, date-of-birth, mobile number, email address etc. The candidates should note down the username and password created. The same can be used by the students for future login.
The last date to apply for the JEE Main January 2020 examination is October 10, 2019. The last date to pay the application fee online is September 30, 2019, 11.50 PM.
The JEE Main January 2020 examination will be conducted for two papers - Paper 1 for BE/B.Tech admissions and Paper 2 for B.Arch/ B.Planning. The candidates can appear for with one paper or for both papers.
The JEE Main January 2020 examination will be held from January 6 to 11, 2020. The results of the examination will be announced by January 31, 2020.
JEE Main January 2020:
National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting first attempt of JEE Main 2019 between January 6 to 11, 2020. in eight different slots. Candidates may keep track of the JEE Main 2020 January important dates to avoid missing any event.
The important dates of JEE Main 2020 consist start and end date of the application process, issue of admit card, result announcement and more of January attempt. Candidates can go through the full article to check the JEE Main important dates 2020 for January exams:
JEE Main Important Dates April 2020
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared the JEE Main 2019 January Examination dates. As per the notification released on the official website of the exam - jeemain.nic.in - the examination for JEE Main 2020 will be conducted between January 06, 2020, to january 11, 2020.
Revised Timetable for JEE Main (January Session)
|Online availability of application form||September 2, 2019|
|Last date of online application form submission and uploading of scanned images||October 10, 2019|
|Corrections on Particulars||14.10.2019 to 20.10.2019|
|Admit Card availability||December 6, 2019|
|Exam starting Date||January 6, 2020|
|Exams End Date||January 11, 2020|
|Answer Key and OMR sheets||After January 11, 2019|
|Answer Key challenge acceptance||January 4th week, 2019|
|JEE Main Result||January 31, 2020|
|All India Ranks declaration||January 31, 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Dates - Candidates can download their JEE Main 2020 admit card for January attempt from December 6th onwards.
JEE Main 2020 Result Dates - NTA will announce the result JEE Main 2020 for the first attempt on January 31. The scores obtained by the candidate will be mentioned in the result.
Check the JEE Main 2020 exam pattern for paper-1 and paper-2 from here:
- Courses: The paper-1 of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online mode.
- Subjects: JEE Main Paper 1 will contain questions from chemistry, physics and mathematics subjects.
- Number of Questions: It will contain total 90 objective type questions. Weightage to all subjects are given equal. Total 30 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Type of Questions: Objective type -Multiple Choice questions will be asked.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours. 4 hours for candidates having 40% disability. It will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
- Question Paper Medium: For all exam cities centres, the question paper medium is English and Hindi. Students filling the exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Havel cities have the option to opt the question paper in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium. Candidates have to exercise the option of question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
IIT JEE main Notification 2020
Eligibility Criteria:Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs is as under:-
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.TECH||Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|B.ARCH./B.PLANNING||Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.|
- The date of birth should fall on or after 1st October 1994.
- For SC/ST & PwD candidates, the DOB should fall on or after 1st October 1989.
- Candidates can attempt for maximum three times for the JEE main exam.
- Attempt limit is same for all the categories.
- For JEE Advanced, candidates can appear for maximum two consecutive years.
JEE main Application Dates for April Session:
|1||Start of JEE Main 2020 Registration||Feb 7th 2020|
|2||Last Date for JEE Main 2019 Registration||March 7th 2020|
|3||Correction Period of Application Form||To be notified|
|4||JEE main 2020 Exam (April session)||April 3 to 9, 2020|
|4||JEE main 2020 Exam (April session) results||April 30th, 2020|
Important points to remember While filling the JEE Main Application Form 2020:
- Requirement of Aadhaar card will be mandatory to fill the application.
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE main 2019 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2020 will be released from 2nd September 2019 (January exam).
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother's/father's/guardian.
- Photograph dimension should be 3.5 x 4.5 cm and dimension of signature should be 3.5 x 1.5 cm.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
Application fee for JEE main 2019:
|Papers||Offline Exam||Online Exam|
|General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls||General/OBC||SC/ST/PwD/All Girls|
|For Exam Centres in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Exam Centres in Foreign Country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Exam Pattern for JEE main 2020:The examination will comprise of two papers Paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing). The detailed JEE Main exam pattern for both papers is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode. The drawing test for Paper 2 will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours. The paper 1 will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Paper 2 will be held in one shift only.
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Marks Criteria: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marks: One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main Syllabus 2020The JEE Main syllabus will contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 will contain physics, chemistry and mathematics. The syllabus pdf will be available with the release of application form on official website.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020Below we have mentioned details about the JEE Main admit card 2020:
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card via online mode.
- The authority also provide JEE Main slot booking facility along form filling.
- The admit card will be provided on 6th December 2019 (for January session)
- For online mode exam, students can also book their slot.
- Candidates have to download it by entering their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Code.
- If any discrepancy found in the JEE main hall ticket 2019, communicate to the JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE immediately.
- Candidates have to bring any one photo ID proof along with the admit card.
- JEE Main 2019 result will be provided on 31st January 2020 for January session.
- Students will be able to check the result only through online mode.
- It will also comprise All India Rank and All India Category Rank.
- JEE Main score card will not be dispatched to candidates, it can be downloaded from official website.