GATE - 2012 Application Procedure and Important information reagrding its new look
Category : Examinations
posted Date :
Total No.of views :
Total No.of Comments :
5 / 5 (1 votes)

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.The GATE committee, which comprises of representatives from the dministering institutes, is the sole authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results.Notification for GATE,Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering from the year 2012 has been issued. GATE is the good path for student to peruse higher education and reaching higher places. Students who has the vision of their future should start their try from the very first day of joining the course.GATE has changed its look in many aspects compared to last year.

Eligibility Criteria:

Bachelor Degree in Engineering /Technology/Architecture(4 years after 10+2) or
Masters Degree in Maths/Science?Statistics?Computer Applications or equal qualification.

Final year students can also apply

Integrated Master Degree in Engineering/Technology or

AMIE professional institute BE/B Tech

Importance of GATE:

Students can get admissions in famous educational institutions such as IITs and IISC with a good GATE rank.Students can get scholarship of 8000 and can get admission in PhD with GATE rank.

Attractive pay packages with campus placement

Public Sector units such as Indian Oil Corporation ,BARC are filling vacancies with GATE score

With GATE score students can get admission in M Tech in any collage will get scholarship of 5000 rupees offered by UGC.

GATE -2012 score will be applied for two years.

New look of GATE:

Pre-final Year:

Till last year pre-final year students are also has the opportunity to appear for GATE examination. But from this year onwards only final year students are eligible fro appearing GATE.

Application Procedure:

Till last year offline/online mode of applying facility was available but from this year onwards only online mode is available for applying .For this first student has to register in GATE website and should complete the application.And should take print out and enclosing the relevant certificates should sent the address in the notification.


Admit Card:

The facility of sending Admit card through post is removed .Students can download the admit card from January 2,2012 from the website .On the day of examination student should took admit card along with original photo, photo identity card(driving license/passport/PAN card/voter id card/collage id/employee id card)are mandatory to bring . Students failing to bring this will not be allowed to appear examination.

Exam Pattern:

GATE examination will be conducted in total of 21 subjects. Student should appear the examination in any single subject as per the branch .Examination will be conducted in objective type with the time period of 3 hours. The total questions are 65 and marks are 100.

Papers with code of AE, AG, AR, GG, MN, TF will be conducted in online mode. Questions will be in multiple choices and some questions will be in numerical answer type. Remaining papers will be answered in Optical Response Sheet.
There will be questions in common data linked questions numerical answer questions .Multiple choice questions contains 1 or 2 marks.

For Paper codes AE, AG, BT, CH, CS,EC, EE, GG, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE from the total marks 15 percent has allotted to engineering mathematics and 15 percent for general aptitude and remaining 70 percent allotted for the subject.

For paper codes AR, CY, GG, MA, PH, XL the marks allotted for general aptitude is 15 percent and remaining 85 percent allotted for the subject.

Negative marking is also applicable . For the every wrong answer in 1 mark multiple choice questions 1/3 marks and for the 2 marks linked questions 2/3 marks will be deducted .There is no negative marking for numerical question.

Important Dates to Remember:

Application start through online: September 12,2011

Last date fro submitting application through online :October 17, 2011

Download of Admit Card :January2 ,2012

Examination in online mod :January 29,2012

Examination date for offline: February 12,2012(for the prescribed papers in two

secession morning and afternoon)

Announcement of Results : March 15, 2012.