GATE Notification 2020
GATE 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus available from http://gate.iitm.ac.in/ & www.manabadi.co.in
GATE Notification 2020:
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Delhi (IIT-Delhi) in February 2020.
GATE is a joint test conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) for admission to Master’s/Doctoral programs offered by these institutions and other Government agencies.
GATE score is also used by many other private colleges and institutions for admissions. Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) consider GATE scores for recruitment process.
The GATE 2020 exam will be conducted for 25 subjects. The exam is conducted at various cities across India, as well as, in six cities outside India. The exam is conducted in a Computer Based Test (CBT). The GATE evaluates comprehensive understanding of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science. The GATE scores are valid for three years from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE 2020 exam schedule
|GATE Online Application Processing
System (GOAPS) Website Opens
|Tuesday||3rd September 2019|
|Closing Date for Submission of
(Online) Application (through
|Tuesday||24th September 2019|
|Extended Closing Date for Submission
of (Online) Application (through
|Tuesday||1st October 2019|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of
Examination City (an additional fee
will be applicable)
|Friday||15th November 2018|
|Admit Card will be available in the
Online Application Portal (for
|Friday||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Examination |
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
Recommended By Colombia
|1st February 2020 |
2nd February 2020
8th February 2020
9th February 2020
|Announcement of the Results in |
the Online Application Portal
|Monday||16th March 2020|
|Multi-Session Papers (Exams in two different sessions)|
|CE||Civil Engineering||ME||Mechanical Engineering|
|AE||Aerospace Engineering||GG||Geology and Geophysics|
|AG||Agricultural Engineering||IN||Instrumentation Engineering|
|AR||Architecture and Planning||MA||Mathematics|
|CH||Chemical Engineering||MT||Metallurgical Engineering|
|CS||Computer Science and Information Technology||PE||Petroleum Engineering|
|EC||Electronics and Communication Engineering||PI||Production and Industrial Engineering|
|EY||Ecology and Evolution||TF||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|Sectional-Single Session Papers|
|XE||Engineering Sciences||XL||Life Sciences|
|A||Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||P||Chemistry (Compulsory)|
|F||Polymer Science and Engineering||U||Food Technology|
|H||Atmospheric and Oceanic Science|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree / Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of Qualification not later than|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering /Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2020|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||6 years program, consisting of internship or residency training during sixth year||Currently in the 4th/ 5th/6th year or already completed||2021|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/ 3rd/4th year or already completed||2021|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5 years program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 years integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2020|
|Professional Society Examinations* (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE 2020 Application form filling process: :
- Visit Manabadi.co.in and we will redirect the official page
- Find “register here” link for registration
- Fill the following details like Name, email id, residency, mobile number etc.
- Click on Submit button
- After successful registration candidate will receive User name and password through mail and SMS.
- Login to GOAPS website with your enrollment id and password.
- Fill the exam details (Exam paper, Country, which city you are prfer to write exam etc)
- Provide personal details and educational qualification details.
- Upload scanned documents like educational certificates, Caste certificate etc
- Save and view the application.
- If you found any errors rectify and submit
- After submit the application proceed to payment
- Choose any one of the payment option and complete the payment process
- Download the application form and take printout.
GATE 2020 Application Fee:
- The application fee will be deposited through online mode by using either net banking or debit card or credit card.
- The fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable.
The fee details are given below in the table:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee for ALL||Rs. 500|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20|
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.
- Date: It is conducting on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2020.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt:Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Validity of Score Card: GATE 2020 score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result.
- Duration: Exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks:The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
GATE 2020 Marking Scheme:
|Pattern of Questions||Marks Allotted||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||1 or 2 marks||For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted.For 2 marks question, 2/3 mark will be deducted.|
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||1 or 2 marks||No negative marking|
GATE 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates will get Hall tickets through online mode by entering their enrollment ID or email & password.
- Downloading of GATE Hall Ticket 2020 will be started from 4th January 2020.
- Before examination start, biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) will be captured for randomly selected candidates.
- On the day of the examination, candidates must bring original ID proof (specified in application) along with admit card.
- Candidates should download admit card in color print.
GATE Result 2020
- Candidates will check GATE 2020 result on 16th March 2020.
- The result will be declared only through online mode you can check your results in www.manabadi.co.in website.
- It can be viewed by entering enrollment number/registration number & date of birth.
- No result/rank will be sent through offline mode or any other mode.