ABOUT JNTU Anantapur
At the time when there was only one Government Engineering College at Guindy Madras for the entire former composite Madras province, three new Government Engineering Colleges were sanctioned under post second world war reconstruction programme, one at Coimbatore (1945), one at Kakinada(1946) and one at Anantapur(1946). The college of Engineering Anantapur was temporarily located at Guindy in 1946 and later shifted to Anantapur in 1948. The first batch of 60 students was admitted into the college at Guindy, Madras on 10th June 1946 and so the college started its historic journey on that day. Major B.H. Marley was appointed as the first full-fledged Principal of the college after shifting the college to Anantapur. The college was located in Military Meat & Dehydration factory in the present old campus. All those Engineers who went through that kerosene era who studied in the light of hurricane lamps rose to very high positions in their professional career all across the globe.