1) 128th anniversary of Sir CV Raman being celebrated
- The 128th anniversary of Nobel laureate Bharat Ratna Sir CV Raman is being celebrated on 07 November.
- He was born on November 7, 1888 at Thiruvanaikaval in Tiruchirapalli Tamil Nadu.
- Sir CV Raman won the Nobel prize in Physics 1930 for his discovery -Raman effect - the scattering of light which makes the sea and clear sky look blue.
2) Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan starts
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA).
- The scheme aims at providing pregnant women ante-natal services and required treatment for free at government health centres and hospitals on 9th of every month.
- Private Doctors are also included for providing better health care to pregnant women under the UNICEF aided mission.
- Every 12th minute, a pregnant women dies in India lacking health care.
3) Demchok mission of Indian Army successfully completed
- The Indian army has successfully completed its task of laying an irrigation pipeline in the Demchok region of Eastern Ladakh.
- The project was being conducted under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme to link the villages in the region with a hot spring despite Chinese barrier.
4) First LNG fuelled bus in the country launched in Kerala
- For the 1st time in the Country, an LNG fuelled bus has been launched by the Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in the presence of Chief Minister of Kerala, Shri Pinarayi Vijayan at Thiruvananthapuram.
- It has been a joint effort of Petronet LNG Limited (PLL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd to introduce LNG as a fuel in commercial vehicles in the state capital.
5) Govt to open Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra in every constituency
- The Centre has decided to open Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Kendra in every Parliamentary Constituency to impart skill training to the people and make them employable.
- According to Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy, through these centres, a standard will be created to enhance the skill level of trainees so that they could earn more money.
- 18. J P Nadda launches “Healthy India Initiative” magazine and “No More Tension” Mobile Application
6) India, China agree to maintain high-level exchanges
- India and China have agreed to maintain the pace of high level exchanges including in the political, economic, defence and counter-terrorism fields. External Affairs Ministry in a release issued in New Delhi said, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval met with State Councilor of China Yang Jiechi on 4th November. They agreed that the forthcoming high level engagement in counter-terrorism field is yet another manifestation of growing convergence of views of two countries on this pressing challenge facing international community.
- This was the third visit of State Councillor Yang to India in the last two months. The discussions, conducted in a friendly, open and cordial environment, covered a wide agenda spanning bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.
- Mr Doval and Mr Yang, who are the Special Representatives on the Boundary Question of India and China respectively agreed to hold the 20th Round of Special Representatives talks on the Boundary Question in India in 2017.