1) Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic to win ATP World Tour Finals, seals rank one for year 2016
- Andy Murray(Britain) beats Novak Djokovic(Serbia) to win his first Barclays ATP World Tour Finals title held in London, Great Britain. Murray defeated Djokovic 6-3 6-4 on 20 November 2016.
- Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic to win ATP World Tour Finals, seals rank one for year 2016.
- With the win Andy Murray sealed the rank 1 for the year 2016 as this was the last indoor tennis tournament of the year.
- With the victory Murray ended the 4 years victory streak of Novak Djokovic in the ATP World Tournament. (2012-2015). Roger Federer has the record of winning highest number of Finals in the ATP tournament which equals to 6.
- This victory was the 24th consecutive win for Andy Murray and the title was 5th consecutive title for him. This year he has claimed 9 title in singles tournament.
2) Gaganjeet Bhullar defeats Jeev Milkha Singh to win Indonesia Open
- Gaganjeet Bhullar of India won the Indonesia Open on November 21, 2016 with a four-under-par 68 in Jakarta for the second time in his career.Before this, Bhullar won the event in 2013.
- This was his seventh Asian Tour victory and a second title of this season with a 16-under-par 272 total at the Pondok Indah Golf Course.
- Jeev Milkha Singh of India, a two-time Asian Tour No. 1 made second place with 17th hole to finish on 72.
- Thailand’s Danthai Boonma (67), Panuphol Pittayarat (68) and Tour rookie Johannes Veerman (69) of the United States also shared second position with Singh on 275s.
- Bhullar is now the fifth player after Thaworn Wiratchant of Thailand, Frank Nobilo of New Zealand, Frankie Minoza of the Philippines and Lu Hsi-chuen of Chinese Taipei to win the Indonesia Open twice.
3) India to bid for hosting 2019 Under-20 World Cup
- All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel has indicated that India will bid for the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in 2019 to be hosted in India.
- The AIFF has expressed interest to FIFA Competitions Committee several times to host Under-20 at the earliest available opportunity in 2019, which will further give a boost to India’s grassroots initiatives.
- AIFF insisted India is keen to host the elite junior tournament to continue the momentum built by hosting the under-17 World Cup, which will be hosted by six Indian cities in 2017.
- The progress made and publicity generated since winning the rights to host the Under-17 World Cup will encourage the continued development of the next generation of footballers.
FIFA: The Fédération Internationale de Football Association :
- The Football Association is the international governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer.
- President: Gianni Infantino
- Headquarter: Zürich, Switzerland
- Founded: May 21, 1904,
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is the organisation which manages the game of association football in India.
President: Praful Patel
Headquarters: Dwarka, Delhi, India###
4) Virat Kohli attains his best ICC test ranking with 4th spot
- Indian test cricket captain Virat Kohli attained the 4 spot in ICC Test cricket ranking. This is his best ranking in test cricket till date. The knock of 167 and 81 runs against England in Vishakhapatnam laid the foundation of his entry in the top 5.
- This is first time that he has crossed the mark of 800 points, presently he has 822 points. Till date only 11 Indian players have crossed the 800 points milestone of ICC ratings.Premier Futsal ropes in Virat Kohli as brand ambassador
- On the top of the board is Steve Smith of Australia with 897 points in the same format. Cheteshwar Pujara , moved one spot up to 9th spot with his century in the match against England.
- Virat Kohli is ranked 1st in ICC T20 rankings and 2nd in ICC One Day International rankings.
TOP 5 batsmen in ICC Test ratings
||Steve Smith (Australia)
||Joe Root (England)
||Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
||Virat Kohli (India)
||Hashim Amla (South Africa)
5) The 13th World Robot Olympiad(WRO) to be held for the first time in India this year
- The 13th World Robot Olympiad(WRO) will be held at the India Expo Mart, Greater Noida , India from 25 to 27 November 2016. The theme for the event this year is ‘Rap the Scrap’. This year a new robot football game named WRO Football has been included in the Olympiad.
- Over 2,000 students from 54 countries will participate in the event and find scientific ways using robotic technology to reduce, manage and recycle waste produced from daily use.
- The event will be organized by India STEM Foundation (ISF) in collaboration with the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) under the aegis of Ministry of Culture.
- At the 12th World Robot Olympiad-2015 that was held in Doha, Qatar, Indian students won three medals. The theme last year was ‘Robot Explorers’
The official name of the WRO is now World Robot Olympiad Association Ltd.
Headquarter : Singapore
Chairman : Mr. KingHui Law (Malaysia)
6)Indian boxer Neeraj Goyat ranked 35th in World Boxing Council(WBC) Ranking
- 24 year old Indian professional boxer Neeraj Goyat has made a place in World Boxing Council (WBC) rankings. Currently he is ranked at 35th spot in the welterweight category. He is the first Indian boxer to enter into the ranking.
- The win of Indian boxer over Australia’s Ben Kite in mid-October 2016 to retain WBC welterweight Asia title has made way for his entry into the leader-board. Neeraj has an overall record of winning 8 matches in 12 fights.
- Neeraj Goyat is now aiming for WBC international title which will clear his way to entry to Neeraj Goyat retained WBC Asia welterweight titletop 15. On entry in top 15, Neeraj can take part in world title matches also.
- Amir Khan of Great Britain is presently on the top stop in welterweight category.
About World Boxing Council
Headquarters : Mexico City, Mexico
President : Mauricio Sulaimán###
7) Arunachal Government renames Chief Minister’s Trophy for Football and Volleyball after martyred Hangpan Dada.
- The Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu, on November 24, 2016, adopted a decision to rename the Chief Minister’s Trophy for Football and Volleyball (men’s and women’s) after martyr Hangpan Dada.
- The decision was taken during the State Development Council (SDC) meeting convened under his chairmanship
- The state-level trophy for football and volleyball, both in men and women categories, would now be called as Hangpan Dada Memorial Trophy.
- The troph, had been launched at Sangay Lhaden Sports Academy at Chimpu in November 2013 by the then Chief Minister NabamTuki.
- Havildar Dada, who died in Kupwara on May 27, 2016 after killing three terrorists, was awarded Ashok Chakra on the eve of Independence Day by President Pranab Mukherjee.
8)P.V Sindhu climbs to 9th spot in BWF Badminton rankings, Saina slips 5 positions
- P.V Sindhu has been ranked 9th in the latest BWF World Badminton Women ranking. She SINDHU_1448075gjumped 2 positions from 11th rank to reach 9th spot. While former world number 1 Saina Nehwal, slipped 5 places to reach 11th spot in the ranking.
- On 20 Novmber 2016, P.V. Sindhu defeated Sun Yu of China to win the China Open Super Series title which gave her entry into the top 10 ranking. Presently Sindhu is the top Indian shuttler in the ranking with 64794 points two places ahead of Saina who has 63,719 points as on 25 November 2016.
- The ranking has been topped by Olympics gold medal winner Carolina Marin of Spain. Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand is on 2nd spot.
9)Maha Haddioui becomes the first Arab professional golfer to play in Ladies European Tour
- Maha Haddioui a golfer from Morocco turned professional golfer in 2011. She is the first professional golfer from Arab region who will play in the Ladies European Tour in the Qatar Ladies Open 2016 to be held between 23 November 2016 and 26 November 2016 in Doha, Qatar
- 108 golfers from around the world have taken part in Qatar Ladies Open 2016 from various countries including New Zealand, Australia, China, Japan, Morocco and several nations across Europe.
- In December of 2012, she becomes the first Moroccan and Arab professional golfer to reach the European Tour. At Rio Olympics 2016, she finished at the last spot in women’s golf.
- India’s 18-year-old Aditi Ashok who turned professional this year in 2016 has also taken part in the tournament.