SJVN Ltd. recruitment for SJVN Silver Jubilee Merit Scholarship Scheme in Shimla
The SJVN Ltd (formerly Nathpa Jhakri Power Corporation Limited - NJPC ) was incorporated on May 24, 1988 as a joint venture of the Government of India ( GOI ) and the Government of Himachal Pradesh (GOHP) to plan, investigate, organize, execute, operate and maintain Hydro-electric power projects. The present authorized share capital of SJVN is Rs 7000 crores.The Nathpa Jhakri Hydro - Electric Power Station- NJHPS ( 1500 MW ) was the first project undertaken by SJVN for execution. In addition to the financial assistance from the World Bank, SJVN has also been financed as loan by a Consortium of European Banks, the Power Finance Corporation ( PFC ) and various domestic commercial banks.
COURSE AND ELIGIBILITY
The students who have secured minimum 60% or its equivalent grade in 12th class examination in any discipline from a school under State Education Board, CBSE or ICSE in the immediate preceding academic session in the States of Himachal Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh and Maharashtra.
Eligibility for percentage of marks for BPL will be 50% and for PWD pass marks.
Duly filled application forms will be screened by a selection committee or agency engaged by SJVN. The committee/agency will shortlist the candidates on following criteria:
- Rank obtained by the student in terms of marks/ equivalent grade obtained in 10+2 Board Examination.
- In case of tie of the ranking, the candidate of higher age will be preferred.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview before the selection committee with all original academic certificates and testimonials. The candidates who fail to turn up for the interview on specified date will not be considered for the scholarship.
- More submission of the application will not guarantee the eligibility for the scholarship.
- SJVN will have the right to accept or reject the candidature of any candidate at any stage without assigning reasons.
- If sufficient applications are not received in a particular board then the vacant seats can be filled by other boards with the approval of Chairman SJVN Foundation.
250 students will be awarded scholarship of Rs. 2000/-( Rs. two thousands only) per month for the whole duration of next higher course after class 12thlike bachelors degree in Engineering, Medical, Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Veterinary/ Business Administration/ Computer Applications/ LLB (5 years course) etc.
Important Dates: The application dead line is 26 Nov 2016