Advance Queensland Scholarships Full-Time PhD Research Program in Australia, 2017
Applications are invited for Advance Queensland PhD Scholarships to support undergraduate researchers in gaining a PhD degree.
The scholarships assist in attracting and retaining promising researchers in Queensland, and foster increased linkage with industry/end-user organisations.
Advance Queensland is the Queensland Governments innovation agenda. It is already contributing to building the new economy creating sustainable jobs and delivering better outcomes for communities.
COURSE AND ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for funding, the scholar must be nominated by a Queensland-based agency, including universities, research agencies, government organizations, not-for-profit/charitable organizations and businesses. The proposed PhD Scholar must:
Have applied for a primary PhD scholarship that is:
- Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university.
- Scholarships are awarded to pursue their chosen career.
- Be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the scholarship
- Be commencing a full-time PhD research program at a Queensland university in 2017
A 2017 Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), or
Other PhD funding that equals or exceeds the value of a 2017 APA.
Have a research proposal that:
Addresses one of the Queensland Science and Research Priorities (PDF, 671KB), or
Is aligned with a Queensland Government Industry Roadmap area; or
Involves research that will support entrepreneurship and small to medium enterprise growth in Queensland
Spend at least 50% of the scholarship physically co-located with at least one Queensland-based industry/end-user partner organisation.
Nationality: Australian citizens can apply for PhD Scholarships.
- A completed online application
- Copy of the nominated Scholars academic transcript
- Letter(s) of support from the proposed industry/end-user partner organisation(s)
- Signed financial incentive agreement declaration (PDF, 151KB).
The program provides top-up funding of up to $45,000 over three years (GST exempt) for Scholars to undertake an applied PhD research project. This includes a thesis submission payment of $2,500 for Scholars who submit their thesis within 3.5 years of commencement.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Important Dates: The Dead line for applications is December 12, 2016.